let’s embrace change, please visit my new blog site at:
see you all there.
let’s embrace change, please visit my new blog site at:
see you all there.
it always gives me a good feeling to know that i am a filipino.
looking back, i spent my elementary days in a public school, regulated by the philippines’ department of education culture and sports (yeah, for the youngsters, it was DECS before, and i think prior to that, it was MECS – during Marcos regime, and now it’s DepEd). after all these years, it feels good to recall and be thankful for the free education provided by our government, which we still get up to now. and i still remember the free buns (nutribun) provided to us as well as the free feeding programs of the school canteen nationwide.
“ a system of free and compulsory elementary education was established by the malolos constitution. while republic act no.6655 refers to the act that shall be known as the “Free Public Secondary Education Act of 1988”. making higher education accesible in the philippines is also mandated by the philippine constitution. “
it’s really nice to know that though our country is not as rich as others, we do have this kind of system that provides free education for all citizens.
in terms of health, yeah, though we don’t have a comprehensive health care programs for every filipino, luckily we do have government hospitals and health care centers that provide basic medical needs, and yes, i even got my free circumcision from a health center doctor during a summer program “oplan tuli”. i also do remember my first tooth extraction was done in our rural health center by a government doctor, who had been my first dentist. and my mom was a barangay health worker then, trained by health officials to help render basic medical services in the community. see? isn’t good to know that our government really cares for us?
born in nueva ecija, i’ve also seen some innovations on farming being introduced by various government agencies. several research facilities were launched and installed all over the philippines to ensure continuous improvements of farming industry. little that we know, there are also government- mandated agencies that help empower the rural finance sector and promote sustainable and effective delivery of financial services to the countryside.
the philippines is one of the countries that is frequently visited by typhoons and sometimes even battered by super typhoons. we have our own national astronomical and geophysical services, we have the national disaster coordinating council, the department of social welfare, the national red cross, local governments and other NGOs, natural disasters are inevitable and sometimes devastating but we are lucky enough that we have these bunches of agencies that can stand with us before and after each calamity. of course we have the DOLE, POEA, and OWWA that protect the welfare of us-OFWs.
needless to list down everything what the philippine government is doing to its people, what i’ve mentioned were just a small part of its services given to us, filipinos, and i personally believe that the government is still for us all. though it’s very obvious that we are now faced with numerous problems (corruption, insurgency, crimes, etc.), i say that we can still make this nation a better place to live in. we can move and work hand-in-hand (hawak-kamay lang haha), we start within ourselves, within our home, within the community we are involved in, and then we hope for change, a change that will bring more hope and courage to build a better self, a better home, a better community and sooner a better philippines. it takes time though, but we start now, it’s never too late. visualize. work but no room for complaints. it’s time to start doing…
AKO ANG SIMULA.
1. when i was 8, i fell from a cradle at a friend’s house, and my left arm was almost broken, fortunately it was just a simple sprain and the only remedy was to bring me to my lola who happened to be a “manghihilot”. It was really a very painful experience and i could still even remember how loud i cried then. That was the first time i realized, am not really a superman.
2. i used to buy baby ducks (itik) in schools way back elementary days; making them as pets, one morning i found 3 of them headless ambushed and eaten by rats! awwts! i wondered why they only took their head, then it turned out that the suspects (hehe) were on a hurry performing the gruesome acts, they just took what they could easily get and cut off. i first experienced the feeling of loosing something. this is so important to me, realizing that no matter how careful we are, things will not always work on the way we wanted them to be. and right then, i became more prepared..i learned from it, i grew.
3. funny that am afraid of solar/lunar eclipse. i remember when i was in grade 2, i almost run, was on a hurry going home before noon because at school, all were busy watching the reflection of a solar eclipse in a pale of water. I thought darkness would spoil the day and i need to go home as fast as i could. whew! nature has its own way of scaring me!
4. i have a total of 97 birthmarks all over my body. gees!
5. i literally thought that computer systems were really that smart, that it could answer anything you wanted to know. ’til on July 1994 we’ve finally met face to face. Frustrating lol! From then on, i dreamed of writing computer programs, games, and to standout alongside with the machines.. in 1998 after series of bugdowns, i successfully completed my first ever program codes and sold it for 15k, yeah! i bought my first “sms-enabled” motorola phone. i learned that as an individual we should never stop learning, be open for changes, be ready for something new and not be afraid to experience failures.
6. every summer, I get excited. our family used to go to Pangasinan beaches after visiting Manaoag Church. It was a fully-packed family and relatives outing, not to mention the sunburns (haha) i really didn’t care though, life was so simple during those days. we didn’t have the luxuries of foods and things but we’re all happy then, I was happy, mom, kuya, my ates were all happy…those memories I had will always be treasured.
7. i was already 19 years old when i first reached baguio city. the first farthest place I’ve ever traveled. now I’m 4,900 miles away from home. sometimes i feel so sad about it, the feeling of homesickness brings me down. but that’s normal. i am brave, am confident and am happy. technology bridges the gap. nothing is inevitable in today’s world.
8. in 1999, i wrote Penny J. Corbett, an aviculturist in Pittsburgh; asking some information about my research on philippine blue-naped parrots. she replied and it was really surprising. it made me think that whoever we are, whatever we are up to, we should give time to others. we never know that maybe… just maybe, we could be an inspiration to others.
9. enrolled in a catholic high school managed by franciscan sisters, i learned every single detail of prayers and songs in MPH novena; we used to read them in a booklet for 4 years every wednesday of the week. i learned to be firm on my belief and faith. when all fails, prayers do really count!
10. i fell in love so many times with different women, with different looks, attitudes and styles. but i always turn back to what i really want. – simpleness, having the ability to make me smile, to make me feel comfortable, and having the quality (unconditional) care and love we need.
Now you can judge me! Haha.. You may find some of these funny, yes they may be, but these funny things completed me, made me a REAL Bon. And I’m so happy to share these kinda “confidential” trivia (haha) for you to really know me, every single detail of me, even up to the number of birthmarks I have (this is funny, and I know now you’re wondering who did the counting – that remains a secret unless someone pays me a hundred bucks, haha). Kidding aside, this is me, a simple BON, a happy BON. I always try to make my life simple as it is, masarap mabuhay ng super light, and I tell you, it’s very easy. As what I’ve written in my previous post, we should make life easy, we can always be happy if we want to be.
And as a start of 2010, I made this post to start my year happy, and to share with you a big smile, because I believe that happiness is contagious. Let’s all welcome the start of 2010 with a big smile, a big smile in our heart.
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR…
am i happy? a simple question yet with tons of varied answers.
Being happy is something that everybody strives for, others have thought that being happy means being a good person or being able to live a good life. And for me, being a happy person is as simple as being simple, contented, true to myself as well as to all the people around me.
but what makes me happy? is there a way or even more than one way to measure happiness? Yes, I am happy, I’m a happy person and for me happiness means:
Being quiet in prayer for 10 minutes each morning, meditating.
Living each day with a simple, worry-free life.
Spending quality time with family and loved ones.
Calling up or texting mom and telling that I miss her.
Waking up with a SMILE.
Laughing with friends.
Sharing stories with friends.
Accepting emotions — acknowledging emotions of others, positive or negative, including frustration, sadness and disappointment, helps us to create a more realistic view and allows us to gain a better perspective about life. But accepting feelings and emotions doesn’t mean we should always act on them. We must always take a minute to cool down or pause before we act or give feedback.
Doing some workouts at the gym or inside the room.
Giving a glass of water to the postman and garbage collector.
Reading a good book.
Listening to Daughtry.
Taking a quiet walk with a loved one while holding hands.
Watching PBB and TV Patrol.
Chatting with family and friends.
Having pets, cleaning the aquarium – Having a pair of love birds or various kinds of fish in an aquarium can also help alleviate loneliness and boredom.
Cooking for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Blogging of course, responding to comments, giving constructive feedbacks.
Malling. (i just came from Al Rashed)
Watching classic movies.
Collecting caps, various items associated with BATMAN.
Sharing problems. Resolving problems.
Sending birthday greetings to loved ones and friends.
And ofcourse, playing warcraft-DOTA.
Being happy is being contented. We should focus on what we have, not on what we don’t have. Bacause satisfaction doesn’t come from getting what we want, but wanting what we already have.
Being happy is being simple. Happiness doesn’t come from material things –luxurious cars, clothes, i-phone, cash – happiness is found within. But how can we find it if we don’t have the simplicity of time and space to discover the most important things in life? How can we reach the depths of our soul if we are too busy impressing others? I believe that we should possess the simplicity of time and space to embrace what is important to us. Along the way, we will discover that the most important things in life are not the things but the persons who have become part of our life. We have our family and friends around us, and with them, we should be complete and be happy. Above all, we must be happy for He is always up there looking upon us, protecting and taking care of us.
Being happy is being BON – being simple, being true and being contented.
Be happy always . Wishing you all a very HAPPY Christmas!
pasko na naman, at sa ikatlong pagkakataon wala ako sa bahay.
masarap na mahirap ang buhay sa abroad.. di natin maikakaila oo mas maluwag ang buhay, mas maginhawa.. pero syempre may kapalit yun.. tulad nalang sa mga panahong ganito.. sakripisyo uli, malayo ka sa mga mahal mo sa buhay.. isang napakahalagang okasyon na naman ang magdaraan na hindi mo sila kasama.
bukod sa pamilya, ang dami kong namimiss sa pilipinas pag christmas season
mga namimiss ko:
ang pag gising ng maaga para sa simbang gabi, ang puto bungbong, bibingka, libreng tsaa, ang hamog sa umaga, ang umuusok na hininga (hehe), ang traffic sa kalsada, ang dami ng tao sa mall, ang shopping, ang mga tugtog sa restaurant at national bookstore, ang commercial sa TV..
hays.. sarap ding isipin ang kabi kabilang christmas party at raffles sa kumpanyang pinapasukan.. ang babait ng mga tao, ang lamig ng paligid, ang sarap magsuot ng jacket.. ang pagkain sa jollibee.. ang pakikipag sisksikan sa palengke para sa murang pamasko at regalo.. ang masasayang forwarded jokes at quotes..,
ang holiday sa dec 23 minsan mas maaga pa, ang tenderjuicy hotdogs, ang spaggheti, ang christmas bonus ang pangangaroling, ang something funny, something cute, something sweet, ang exchange gifts.. ang hugs and kisses, ang regalo galing sa boss, ang promo ng smart at globe, ang sun cellular unlimited call, ang mga resibo, ang kampana ng simbahan.. ang parol, christmas lights, ang hamon, keso de bola, ang barbeque.. ang walang humpay na inuman, kwentuhan.. tawanan.
at ang katahimikan ng umaga isang araw matapos ang pasko.. ang tirang pan at sandwich spread, ang mga prutas sa ref, keso at iba pa..
lahat lahat ng nag papaalala ng pasko…
oops! emo haha,. hahays, nakakamis lang talaga.. mahirap ipagdiwang ang pasko sa bansang hindi ito kinikilala. pero sabi nga ang totoong diwa nito ay nasa puso.. at maaari nating makita at ibigay sa ating kapwa, patuloy tayong magpapasalamat sa KANYA, dahil minsan sa kasaysayan ng ating mundo, SIYA ay dumating at nakipamuhay sa atin..
kaisa po ng lahat ng mga naka duty sa araw ng pasko; nurses, duktor, security guards, pulis, pari, sundalo, c-center agents, drivers, reporters at marami pang iba na nasa serbisyo publiko haha.. =)
Isang MALIGAYANG PASKO PO sa ating lahat!
Bon’s Hospital Schedule: ON DUTY (awwts!)
Date: DEC 22,23,24 / 28,29,30,31
Time: 7pm-7am – (Phil Time 12am-12pm)
Pag online po kayo matapos ang inyong noche buena isang hi and hello lang masaya napo!
YM ID: bontalampas
ang ENTRY pong ito ay hindi ko gawa (hindi tatak bonistation).. ito po ay isang akda ng isang kaibigan..
“Aray”, “Aguy”… at pag medyo susyal “ouch”, ilan lang yan sa mga paborito nating linya kapag nasasaktan tau…Madaming paraan kaya tayo nasasaktan, sabi nga sa mga napapanod at nababasa natin – nasasaktan tayo pisikal o kung hindi man sa paraang emosyonal. Napapasikat pa yan kapag ang paborito mo ng dramatic actor o actress ang magbibitaw ng linyang “saktan mo ko ng pisikal ay mas nanaisin ko pa, kaysa patayin mo ang puso ko sa mga sakit at hapdi na para bang yaong pinipiga ito hanggang tumigil sa pagtibok at bumitiw ang huling hininga kasama ng pagmamahal ko sayo”… YaY! Nakakatense.